Beaches and Waterfront
Renowned for its beaches and waterfront, Newcastle is a perfect place to go swimming surfing, sailing or engaging in water sports.
- Newcastle Beaches -Newcastle Beach has a reputation for being one of the best surf locations in Australia and is a favoured spot for board riders wishing to catch that perfect wave. Lifeguard Services are provided seven days a week during swimming season.
- Lake Macquarie – the largest coastal saltwater lake in Australia – offers unlimited sailing and water sports and is located just 30 minutes from Travellers Motor Village.
- Port Stephens Waterway – Approximately 40 minutes north of Travellers Motor Village lies the serene Port Stephens area with it’s beautiful beaches, restaurants, dolphin watching activities and bushland walks. Tourist maps for the Port Stephens area are available in reception.
Restaurants and Shopping
A number of excellent eateries are located nearby. Beaumont Street in Hamilton, Darby Street in Newcastle and the new Honeysuckle precinct have many cosmopolitan restaurants.
Or if you prefer something a little closer, The Stag and Hunter at Mayfield or the Star Buffet located within the Mayfield Ex-Services club is highly recommended. There are also a number of local takeaways that will deliver to your room.
As for shopping, Charlestown Square and Westfield Kotara offer a large range of stores where you can shop till you drop.
Nature and Newcastle
Renowned for it’s breathtaking scenery, Newcastle also has the following attractions to offer. If you need holiday accommodation that’s close to nature, look no further than Travellers Motor Village.
- Shortland Wetland Centre – Equipped with canoe rides and walks plus a world-recognized bird watching observation centre. Located at Shortland – just 5 minutes from Travellers Motor Village.
- Botanic Gardens – Located just south of Raymond Terrace, the botanic gardens have an excellent display of native flora. 15 minutes from Travellers Motor Village.
- Hunter Valley Vineyards – Well-known for its many award winning wineries, the Hunter Valley Vineyards makes an excellent treat for any wine lover.
- Historic Sites – Newcastle Museum demonstrates how one of Australia’s oldest settlements rose and the various developments since then.